The daily tariffs has been proposed and implemented by the Tourism Council of Bhutan. Anyone who visits Bhutan apart from the regional tourist has to pay the minimum daily tariff.
* These rates are applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan.
- Peak season: (March, April, May, Sept, Oct & Nov)
A solo traveler pays (250+40) USD per night, for two people it is (250+30) USD per person per night on twin sharing basis, and for a group of three or more it is 250 USD per person per night on twin sharing basis.
- Off Season – (Dec, Jan, Feb, June, July & Aug)
A solo traveler pays (200+40) USD per night, for two people it is (200+30) USD per person per night on twin sharing basis, and for a group of three or more it is 200 USD per person per night on twin sharing basis.
The minimum daily package covers the following services.
A minimum of 3 star accommodation (4 & 5 star may require an additional premium) on twin sharing basis.
- All Meals
- A licensed Bhutanese tour guide for the extent of your stay
- All internal transport by road.
- All internal taxes and charges and Surcharge.
- A sustainable development fee of $65. This sustainable development fee goes towards free education, free healthcare, poverty alleviation, along with the building of infrastructure.
- One time visa fee of $40
- (Camping equipment and haulage for trekking tours may require additional charges).
Travelers intending to go alone or as a pair should take note of the daily surcharge as follows:
1. Single traveler – US$40 per night (250+40) OR (200+40).
2. Group of 2 travelers – US$30 per person/per night (250+30) OR (200+30).
3. Group of 3 travelers or more – No surcharge (so gather 2 or more of your friends along, save some money and form lasting memories!).